Monday 6 May 2013

Studio & First Traditional Painting

So, time to announce the project I mentioned in my first blog...
I have studio!
It is in the newly converted United Artspace John Rose Studios in Coalport [link] and it is brilliant. I am sharing my space with my good friend Ironheart Illustrations and there are several other studio spaces occupied by a friendly and diverse bunch of fellow artists (there is one space currently left to rent, if you are interested contact info@unitedartspace.org.uk).
It has already presented me with some interesting opportunities (more on those later) and my productivity is already 100% better than it has ever been before.
I'm currently still setting up but it is getting there, slowly but surely.


If you'd like a closer look, the official opening day is Saturday, 22nd June. There will be Art Jams, Workshops, a PopUp art shop, face painting and more on this day and the studios will be open to the public until June 29th. During this time not only will you be able to see me and the other artists at work but we will also be selling artwork from our studios as well as the ground floor shop, so stop by, say hello and purchase some one of a kind artwork!

My second piece of news is that (as you can see from my studio) I have taken up traditional painting and drawing. Up until now I have been an exclusively digital artist (much of my work can be found on my DeviantArt profile) and this is the first time I have ever attempted traditional painting. Below you can see a rough progression of my very first piece.






In future blogs I will be posting more in depth step by step guides of my process as I learn traditional painting as well as progress on setting up my studio and other projects I am working on (those with keen eyes may be able to spot the beginnings of one such project in the photo of my studio).




No comments:

Post a Comment